We the Catholic Community of Immaculate Conception Parish seek to do God’s will by centering our lives in prayer, witnessing our faith, and sharing our gifts in loving service to God and neighbor. Click here to see the new parish center construction.
The Archdiocese was initially created as a Vicariate-Apostolic on December 1, 1843. It was created as the Archdiocese of Oregon City on July 24, 1846. The Archdiocese of Portland is the second oldest archdiocese in the United States following Baltimore. The name was changed to its current title by Papal decree on September 26, 1928 to reflect the change of location for the See city of the Archbishop.
Regis High School, a Catholic educational community, strives to be accessible to all students and meet their varied academic needs. Regis affirms the uniqueness and dignity of individuals, inspires the pursuit of excellence, fosters faith and develops a commitment to service and justice through a balanced academic and co-curricular program.
- St. Mary is an accredited school certified by the Western Catholic Education Association (WCEA). St. Mary has received the maximum number of years (six) of accreditation certification every time they have been evaluated by WCEA.
- St. Mary Fun Fact: 95% of St. Mary graduates on average enroll in Regis for high school.
- The total number of school days per year for St. Mary students is 9 more than the average Oregon public school
- St. Mary kindergarten students receive over 800 additional hours of schooling during the year than students in public school.
- Unlike a number of schools, we have P.E., Music, Library, and a kitchen staff that prepares fresh food daily.
- We have over 40 volunteers that regularly help our classroom teachers - thank you for your help!
- St. Mary families come from as far south as Lebanon and Albany, north as Mount Angel, west as Salem, and east as Gates.
- In the last 10 years, the Parent Club has raised over $1,000,000 to the school to sustain its operation.
- Over 40 St. Mary students have been published as writers.
- The school kitchen serves over 9,000 hot lunches every year.